Translate

Friday 16 November 2012

Moving house in the big city

Ok, so maybe I've been living under a rock when it comes to modern day equipment that is used to help people move houses, particularly in the city. Clearly I've never been someone who has lived in a tall building with many floors... judging from past experience I'm usually more of a ground level or first floor kinda gal.

Quite a few times I've turned a corner in Paris and bumped into removalists helping people shift houses. But these guys don't just lug big, heavy furniture and boxes in through the front door and try and navigate the too-small elevators or stairways of Parisian buildings... no, they use equipment like in the pictures below. I'm sure there's some special name for it, but in my words it's: a-sort-of-electric-ladder-that-acts-like-a-conveyor-belt-but-in-the-upwards-direction. Such a nifty idea for getting to those tops floors! Then all you need is a large open window 'et voila'... all your belongings are inside!

... Hopefully I'm not the only one who has never seen this before! I still marvel at the ingenuity behind it! ;)



1 comment:

  1. Finding a good removalist can be a struggle, but moving your home can be an even larger struggle. By doing some simple planning and having the assistance of a removal company you can make moving your home a breeze.

    removalists in perth

    ReplyDelete